Published on Tuesday, 26 July 2011 19:02
- It's time to give a Big Hawaiian Welcome to so many new subscribers to 'Fish Tails' lately ... could be a few different factors -- maybe we're doing something right? maybe another prominent Seafood company has slipped a notch or two? (just saying) ... anyway, too many lately to name all of ya', but Huge Mahalos from da' Aloha Seafood Ohana (family).
More SOFT-SHELL Crabs coming in -- Hotels ONLY.
- So if you're looking for Primes, please re-read the previous sentence.
- Similar to Softies are SARDINES -- "so fresh that some of 'em are still alive!" -- tails a-twitchin' and gills a-gaspin' -- coming in from a bait-boat in Santa Cruz.
- BLACK BASS in da' house ... ONAGA on Friday! (First time since May.)
- Much of yesterday's 'Tail' follows ...
- ... Lots of real nice local fish --- Add Whole (Local) BLACK COD (first catch of July) to a list that includes ALBACORE, (CA) KING SALMON, SANDABS, PETRALE & ROCK SOLE, LING COD, Calif. RED TROUT, and more ...
- B.C Shellfish issues are a thing of the past -- nice variety of OYSTERS, CleanFish's SaltSpring Is. MED MUSSELS, and SAVORY CLAMS.
- COHO SALMON (Wild) are cheaper than Kings ... and Young's Bay (OR) "river KINGS" are cheaper than the troll-caught ones, especially for fillets, and they're a CleanFish 'fishery'. And you know how Salmon are when they're in love and all hormonal -- the skin & head look different (hence, we prefer to fillet 'em for you), the flesh often is a paler color when raw (just fine when cooked), and you get the added benefit of that 'earthier' flavor. Mmmmm.
- LAUGHING-BIRD SHRIMP (from CleanFish/Costa Rica) is available!!
- And if it ain't on the 'Hot-Sheet', just go ahead and inquire about it anyway -- it would probably be something that we don't regularly carry, but with a pre-order, we may be able to source it for your needs. For instance, currently we're hunting for Fresh CONCH (for SK). Another example -- one of our vendors is constantly trying to get us to bring in his FRESH Mediterranean products, such as CuttleFish, Rouget, Octopus, and a few things I've never heard of. Never hurts to ask -- if we can't get it, maybe we can at least point you in the right direction ...
Off of ourCoast ~~ Local ALBACORE ~ SQUID ~ SARDINES ~ SANDABS ~ LING, TRUE, ROCK & BLACK COD ~ PETRALE & ROCK & ENGLISH SOLE ~ Fresh Ckd OR SHRIMPMEAT~ Y-TAIL JACK ~ Wild KING &COHO SALMON ~ STURGEON ~ CRABS& CRABMEAT ~ Idaho Boned TROUT & CA Whole RED TROUT ~NORTHERN & SoCAL & Local HALIBUT~ MEXI-BAY SCALLOPS ~ WHITE C-BASS ~KAZUNOKO ~ etc.
CleanFish Presents ~~ LAUGHING-BIRD SHRIMP ~LOCH DUART & 'SEA WHISTLE' SALMON > B.C. MED. MUSSELS > HIRAMASA > STRIPED BASS > PERU TILAPIA > Smk. HERRING FILET > PERU BAY SCALLOPS > DORADE > BRONZINI > ARCTIC CHAR > more
Back East ~~ BLACK BASS / DRY-PACK SCALLOPS / LOBSTERS / ROCK SHRIMP / CATFISH / etc.
Exotic & Foreign ~~ WALU ~ BARRAMUNDI ~ OPAH ~ AHI ~ TOMBO ~ ONO ~ MAHI ~ SWORDFISH ~ CORVINA ~ etc.
In da' Freezer ~~Variety of SHRIMP/PRAWNS ... Variety of SMOKED Products ... HOKKAIDO & ATL. SCALLOPS ... SQUID - Whl, T&T, Stks, Humboldt, CuttleFish ... KING CRAB L&C, W/Ckd CRABS, JONAH CLAWS ... LOBSTER Tails, Meat, Bodies ... TILAPIA ... #2 UNI ... SMELT ... CRAYFISH TAILMT ... SCALLONE ... POLLOCK & ALA. COD ... TOBIKOS ... OCTOPUS ... SOFT-SHELL CRBS ... SAKU AHI ... SEAWEED SALADS ... a lot more
In da' Shell ~~ Mussels: PEI & MEDS // Clams: MANILA, SAVORY, L/NEX, CHERRYS // Pacific Oysters: Variety from WA & Tomales Bay & B.C., KUMOs, KUSSHI, etc. // Atl. Oyst: BEAUSOLEIL, WATCH-HOUSE, MLPQ, etc.